This is my default look: dress, straight hair, light make-up, high heels. But for some time, I gave it a rest. Going to office looking like blah, not wanting to dress up. I can say that I lost my energy in doing so just cause. I have a lot going on in myself, I guess? When I arrived at work this morning, my friends said “Nagbalik ka!” and I guess I am? After all the confusions, heartbreaks, brokenness, I hope I am now a whole new different person! =)
Last night, I watched Nick Vujicic at Araneta Coliseum. It was such an adventure getting tickets, I had a migraine attack! But I must say, it was all worth it! Hearing this man talk is such a life-changing event!
Here are the things I have learned from him:
1. COURAGE not
FEAR : Courage is doing something in presence of fear.
2. When you failed, try again.
3. FAILURE = EDUCATION
4. Be thankful. Stop looking for what you don’t have!
5. Money is NOTHING. (You are rich, but you have an unhappy life, it’s nothing)
6. The greatest things in life are not things.
7. You don’t need the courage to win, you need the courage to fail!
8. Obstacles = Opportunities
9. Find your PURPOSE to find your COURAGE
10. Be yourself, make good choices.
11. Don’t go with the flow because you sure don’t wanna end up the way they end up.
12. If you aren’t generous today, you won’t be generous tomorrow. So make a difference today.
13. If you are not happy being single, you won’t be happy being married.
I was crying at the last part of it when he was talking about self-worth and being beautiful just the way we are. Coming from a man who was born with no arms and legs, I feel like I have no reasons to feel ugly if he sees himself as one who is wonderfully made by God! I love this guy and I wanna thank him for being so courageous and persistent in inspiring people. If at first failure he stopped his dream of being a motivational speaker, he wouldn’t be able to touch lives including mine! I pray that I can find that inner Nick in me. If we all let go of our negative selves, build each other up, and help one another, this world would be a priceless beauty!
If there is one thing I got to realize from last night, it’s that I should feed myself more of positive, beautiful, good things and stay away from negative people. I wanna stop living a life of rants, complains and hatred. I wanna be a light, a smile that makes everyone smile. I wanna be a friend whom everyone can lean on, can rely on, not the one who is always in need of everything. I want a change in my lifestyle, a complete 180 degrees. I wanna be that! I can be that if I start today! :)
Here’s to a brand new spirit!